27 Days to Go and Counting!

Hier bitte nur in Englisch antworten|Please post only topics in English language here

Moderator: gemibihi

Gardenia
Thassos-Kenner
Thassos-Kenner

Re: 27 Days to Go and Counting!

Beitrag von Gardenia »

Brisola Budd hat geschrieben:OMG, still my beating heart. I am even dreaming about the place and will be a complete basket case by the time 01Jul comes round. At least it is infectious and my husband is now getting stoked up as well, can't wait to show him around and meet up with old friends. Thanks to everyone for photos and also Wolfgang, a brilliant website. :thassos:

I didn't realise Billy had a son also. The turning just before Makryammos is where I used to live. Akropolis Street.It must be that shop that was once a taverna and then a fruit and veg shop. Just before Arkouda and Disco Thea near the gate of what's his face.... Did you notice if that bar was still open up there called Memories I think? :thassos: :g: :tha: :rofl: :heart: :dance: :thasos: :thasos: :thassos:
{holidaycounter}
26 August
Brisola Budd
Thassos-Kenner
Thassos-Kenner

Wot I did on my summer hols

Beitrag von Brisola Budd »

I didn't realise Billy had a son also. The turning just before Makryammos is where I used to live. Akropolis Street.It must be that shop that was once a taverna and then a fruit and veg shop. Just before Arkouda and Disco Thea near the gate of what's his face.... Did you notice if that bar was still open up there called Memories I think?
Living so close to "what's his face", how could you possibly forget the name of Selinos, must be the largest erected gate in Greece, let alone Thassos ;) Which reminds me, I also didn't see Leandros?

I can't remember Memories bar, think it came after I left. I do remember the wonderful little taverna which made perfect Octopothi Keftehes, it was on the same side of the road for Makriammos, just before the turning, was this one Memories Bar? Billy's shop is on the opposite side of the road.
Kenny98
großer Thassos-Fan
großer Thassos-Fan

bikeathon

Beitrag von Kenny98 »

Hi Val. Have you got a donation-link like "justgiving" or similar for your charity event? x Tina
{holidaycounter}
Brisola Budd
Thassos-Kenner
Thassos-Kenner

27 Days and counting

Tina you are a darling, thank you, I will send the link by PM
Kenny98
großer Thassos-Fan
großer Thassos-Fan

Beitrag von Kenny98 »

got your PM :-) - well, if you do all the hard work at least we can help you from the comfort of our desk chairs I guess ;-)
{holidaycounter}
Brisola Budd
Thassos-Kenner
Thassos-Kenner

Just for that, I will let you know the name of the best cake shop, likewise coffee, in Surrey it is.................

Will also send by PM, can't have everybody knowing about it ;)
Kenny98
großer Thassos-Fan
großer Thassos-Fan

Beitrag von Kenny98 »

I'm missing the "Like" button like we have on Facebook :-)
May have to suggest that to the hosts :-)
x
{holidaycounter}
Brisola Budd
Thassos-Kenner
Thassos-Kenner

Do you know, this is the only forum I am on. Refuse to register on Facebook or Twitter, all my nieces and nephews think that I am so uncool with regards that that. Make up for it by being an aged, mad, adrenaline mountain bike junkie, or as one of the bike magazines used to puts it, "Old Guys and Girls who should know better".

Please put your holiday photos on and then I will definitely press the "Like" button

XX
Doppo
Thassos-Fan
Thassos-Fan

Beitrag von Doppo »

Hi Val,
Loved reading all your posts and looking at the pictures :) seems like yesterday. We did meet in the 80's my name is Dave and I was there for four years with Alex, Mervin, Tom, Barry and Ken .... hopefully time hasn't erased us haha. I have made a new forum called "the glorious 80's" there are a couple of pictures.
It's been 35 odd years since I have been back ..... but I WILL return ;)
Dave x
deckrdshaw
Thassos-Newbie

Beitrag von deckrdshaw »

I met up with all the expected friends plus ones I wasn't expecting to see. I have posted a few! photos which I think sum up my experience and shows what Thassos means to me. Mainly the people of course, who although 25 years older are still the same wonderful humans inside.

I did nearly cry when I got to Paradise Beach, parked car at top and walked down. OMG, one big umbrella and sun bed fest for the whole length of the beach. Took one look and walked back up to the car and drove on round to Tripiti, I was holding my breathe as I drove down the track, but thank God it hasn't been too over run. New hotel there and a few sun beds but it still has the essential chilling out feeling to it.

10 days came and went too quickly of course, it was rather too hot for us though, it reached 39 degrees for the last part of our stay. I haven't the faintest idea how I used to manage to work through similar temperatures in the 80's.
UK travellers are planning to Visit Azerbaijan apply AZ visa from UK here.
STEVE
Thassos-Liebhaber
Thassos-Liebhaber

Where are posted photos

Beitrag von STEVE »

Hello Deck,

" I have posted a few! photos"
Where can access to your posted photos be gained. Are they on facebook. Can you please add link.

Best regards

Steve
{holidaycounter}
STEVE
Thassos-Liebhaber
Thassos-Liebhaber

THASSOS FACEBOOK

Beitrag von STEVE »

Hello Forum Users

This web site used to be very busy with lot of contributions,

Someone advised me people were now posting on Facebook.

I cannot find this site as only Facebook "Thassos Forum" page I have found consists of adverts.

Where am I going wrong?

STEVE
{holidaycounter}
Eggi
Thassos-Liebhaber
Thassos-Liebhaber

Beitrag von Eggi »

Hello Steve,

in a few days i will post some pictures from the last holiday again.

I suppose you are looking for the page on Facebook to this forum here? It says: https://www.facebook.com/groups/F.O.Thassos

Many greetings
{holidaycounter}
Antworten